Asphalt is a tough, durable material for driveways, paths, sidewalks and more, but it doesn’t last forever. You have to maintain it in order to extend its lifespan, but there’s no way to prevent it from suffering the ravages of time and the weather. Eventually, your asphalt driveway will need to be repaired or replaced.
Sometimes the signs that your driveway needs to be repaired in Nashville, TN are pretty obvious, while others might slip under the radar for a while. Here’s what to look for:
- Pooling water: When you notice water pooling on your driveway, that means the surface isn’t level and likely isn’t draining properly. Moreover, pooling water on your driveway can damage it further, especially when the weather is cold—it will seep through the surface, freeze and then thaw, creating cracks and warping that can collect even more water. See an asphalt repair technician as soon as you notice this problem in order to prevent more damage.
- Cracks: Cracks are one of the most obvious signs that your driveway needs to be repaired in Nashville, TN. If you catch them early, it can be a fairly simple repair—however, if you allow them to develop into larger flaws, you might end up needing to replace your entire driveway. Ultimately, it’s smart to call your asphalt repair company as soon as you spot cracks so you can avoid a costly, time-consuming repaving project.
- Warping: Heavy vehicles moving over your pavement can cause warping, particularly if there are any areas on the driveway where people turn on a regular basis. If you notice any warping (remember, pooling water can be a sign of warping), call a repair team right away. If the warping is minor, they may be able to repair it right away. Major warping, on the other hand, almost always requires a full replacement.
- Faded color: Eventually, asphalt fades from inky black to a charcoal gray, thanks to time, wear and tear and the weather. This is the easiest type of maintenance to perform—you simply need to reapply a sealcoat to ensure the color and surface stay fresh.
- Potholes: Finally, potholes are a source of major concern—you should repair them as soon as you notice one forming, as they can cause damage to vehicles and injury to humans and pets. Potholes often form when water seeps into the surface, freezes and thaws again, or from the expansion and contraction of the ground beneath the asphalt. Sometimes, heavy impact can also cause the formation of potholes. Luckily, they’re simple to repair—if they’re not too severe or appearing in conjunction with other problems, they can usually just be filled up.
If you’re noticing signs of wear and tear on your asphalt driveway in Nashville, TN and believe it needs to be repaired, call RoadBuilders. Our asphalt paving company is dedicated to offering comprehensive paving services to the Nashville area, from maintenance and repair to paving or repaving your driveways, roads, parking lots, sport courts and more. When you need excellent results at affordable prices, call us to get started.
Categorised in: Driveway Repair