Asphalt milling is a process used to restore pavement. It does so by removing part of the asphalt’s original surface to create a smoother, more consistent surface that’s perfect for repaving. This process prevents the need for removing all of the existing asphalt before laying down an entirely new surface, as the underlying subbase can still be used. That’s why asphalt milling is usually a much cheaper option when compared to demolition or repaving. Read on to learn more about asphalt milling and its many advantages:
- It’s affordable: One of the best things about asphalt milling is that it’s an affordable way to restore your pavement. This is because your new pavement will be made from recycled materials, thus reducing your material costs. There’s also no need for a full demolition with asphalt milling, since the subbase should remain intact. Additionally, the process is much quicker than a full demolition, which helps cut back on labor costs.
- It’s environmentally friendly: Asphalt milling offers you the opportunity to save time and money while helping the environment. After milling, the asphalt is transferred to a recycling facility before getting used on a future project. Asphalt milling saves companies from using up more of the Earth’s limited natural resources.
- There’s little to no maintenance required: After your surface has been properly milled, it won’t require much maintenance before the repaving job can be completed. Asphalt milling also allows a surface to maintain its strength, making repaving jobs easier and faster to complete.
- You can fix specific areas: Another way asphalt milling helps save money is by offering you the option to fix specific areas of your driveway or parking lot. Instead of having to repave the entire surface, an asphalt company could come in and quickly address damaged areas through asphalt milling before applying new pavement to the section in question.
- It’s less time consuming: Repaving an entire parking lot or driveway can take a lot of time. This might leave you, your family or your employees without anywhere to park for several days. Asphalt milling is one of the quickest options when it comes to fixing hard surfaces. You’ll end up having full use of your new surface in no time.
- Other benefits: It’s hard to list all the benefits of asphalt paving. Aside from the advantages mentioned above, asphalt paving can also restore drainage, remove ruts, provide a suitable texture for new pavement application and much more.
As you can see, there are many reasons to invest in asphalt milling for your parking lot or driveway. It’s quick, affordable and will have your surface looking brand-new in no time. Be sure to work with a reputable asphalt milling service provider, as they will offer top-quality work at fair prices. If you’re a Nashville, TN property owner in need of any asphalt services, including asphalt milling, be sure to contact the experts at RoadBuilders today to schedule an appointment. We look forward to discussing the specifics of your project and getting to work!
Categorised in: Asphalt Milling