During the fall and winter months, stormy weather can really take a toll on asphalt. Heavy rain, extreme temperature fluctuations and ice can all damage pavement and cause erosion, cracking and pothole development. With all of this in mind, it’s important to take some proactive steps to keep your asphalt in the best condition possible. Some basic asphalt pavement maintenance in TN can go a long way when it comes to keeping asphalt in the best condition possible for years to come.
Most important spring asphalt maintenance tasks
Even property owners who know that asphalt pavement maintenance is important might not know how to properly handle maintenance. Thankfully, it doesn’t take a huge amount of effort or time to improve the condition and appearance of your asphalt pavement. Here are some basic aspects of asphalt pavement maintenance in TN to take care of this spring:
- Start with a pavement inspection: It can be difficult to know how to best care for pavement after the winter months if you aren’t sure what state it’s in. Begin spring pavement maintenance by inspecting your asphalt to check for signs of wear and tear, including cracking, sinking or pothole development. Take note of any of these problems so you know what requires attention.
- Get sealcoating: Another essential aspect of asphalt pavement maintenance in TN is sealcoating. Sealcoating keeps asphalt surfaces protected from severe weather, heavy traffic and extreme temperature fluctuations. For the best results, sealcoating should be done every three to five years, though it might need to be completed more frequently depending on the age and condition of the asphalt pavement.
- Clear away overgrowth and debris: It’s normal for debris and overgrowth to accumulate on pavement between maintenance sessions. Taking some time to clear away this debris can make a big difference in the way your pavement looks. Pull weeds along the edge of the pavement, remove branches, rake leaves and sweep away debris. Even a couple hours of work can transform the appearance of your paved surface.
- Touch up paint: If your asphalt has paint, spring is a good time to touch it up. Paint often fades in rainy weather during the fall and winter and makes it difficult for drivers to identify markings on the road or parking lot. Some basic touchups can get lines back to normal and improve the way your asphalt looks.
- Invest in maintenance: Perhaps the most important thing property owners can do to care for their pavement is invest in professional maintenance. Professional asphalt technicians can offer a variety of services, including sealcoating and proactive repairs, to keep asphalt in the best condition for as long as possible. Investing in asphalt pavement maintenance from a professional team can significantly extend its lifespan.
Professional asphalt pavement maintenance in TN
For professional asphalt pavement maintenance in TN, reach out to the team at RoadBuilders. Our team will inspect your pavement this spring and make recommendations for services and repairs to get your asphalt into the best condition possible. With years of experience, our team is committed to providing quality paving services that won’t break the bank. Call us today to find out more about what we have to offer.
Categorised in: Asphalt