Most people encounter pavement in Nashville, TN on a daily basis, but many people don’t know much about it. While learning about pavement might seem like a boring prospect, there are actually a lot of really interesting facts about pavement that aren’t very widely known. Whether you’re curious about pavement, or you simply want some good talking points to bring with you to your next dinner party, keep reading for some fun facts about pavement that you might not know.
Here are the top fun facts about pavement in Nashville, TN:
- Asphalt is the most recycled product in America: One of the most surprising facts about asphalt is that it is very widely recycled and reused. Many people don’t realize how common it is for asphalt to be recycled. In fact, asphalt is recycled at a rate of about 99 percent. This high recycling rate means less waste and better environmental outcomes.
- Asphalt has a long history: Many people assume that asphalt is a relatively modern invention, but it actually has a history that extends back hundreds of years. The first known use of asphalt was by indigenous people in the 13th century. At the time, asphalt was used to make tools and other small items.
- Asphalt helps reduce highway noise: Another interesting fact about asphalt pavement in Nashville, TN is that it can significantly reduce highway noise. Highways that are paved with asphalt can reduce road noise by three to five decibels, which is a greater reduction than can be achieved by most highway noise walls.
- Asphalt is long lasting: Asphalt lasts a lot longer than many people realize. Over the first 75 percent of the lifespan of an asphalt driveway, the condition of the surface remains about 60 percent intact. In other words, asphalt that is maintained properly wills stay in really good condition for a long time—several decades, in many cases!
- Asphalt pavement is everywhere: Most of us come into contact with some kind of asphalt pavement on a daily basis, but many people don’t realize just how common asphalt pavement is throughout the world. In the United States alone, there are over 2.3 million miles of paved road, and asphalt accounts for over 90 percent of that pavement.
Investing in an asphalt driveway
If you’re thinking about installing an asphalt driveway in Nashville, TN, it’s important to make sure that you find the right contractor for the job. Hire a reputable contractor with plenty of experience with the kind of project you’re investing in. In addition to professional installation, it’s also important to keep up on regular maintenance and invest in driveway resealing in Nashville, TN every few years to keep the asphalt in the best condition possible.
Schedule asphalt pavement services
If you have more questions about asphalt pavement, reach out to the team at RoadBuilders. Since 2011, we have been proud to provide our customers with comprehensive services to keep their driveways in the best condition possible. Whether you need help with asphalt installation or you’re interested in sealing or maintenance services, our team is here to help. Schedule a service appointment by giving our team a call today.
Categorised in: Paving