Paving a driveway is a great way to reduce stress on vehicle tires and suspension systems while boosting the value of a property, but it can also be a very expensive project for homeowners to take on. If you’re thinking about paving a driveway in Nashville, TN, but you want to minimize the amount of money that you spend on this project, there are a lot of cost-saving ideas that are easy to incorporate into driveway paving.
There’s no reason to break the bank on paving a driveway—especially when there are so many great ideas out there that are actually affordable. Here are some of the best ideas for driveway paving on a budget in Nashville, TN:
- Loose materials with stone edging: If paving your driveway with asphalt or concrete isn’t in the budget, consider pairing loose materials for the driveway with stone edging along the sides to keep everything contained. Not only does stone edging provide some additional structure for a driveway, but it also looks great and creates a more professional-looking finish.
- Permeable driveways: Another great option for homeowners who are looking for a good driveway on a budget is a permeable driveway. A permeable driveway made from concrete pieces can be laid down over soil or a gravel layer. The permeable surface allows water to flow freely to prevent flooding and waterlogging that is common with other driveway options.
- Paver driveway: There are a lot of construction suppliers and hardware stores that sell pavers at significant discounts. A lot of homeowners stock up on these discount pavers and install them in a driveway over a graded gravel or substrate foundation. Some homeowners take this project on as a DIY job, but it’s important to carefully consider the factors that come along with paving a driveway. In many cases, it’s more economical and effective to hire a professional for installation instead of taking on the time and energy commitment of a DIY project.
- Crushed concrete or tar and chip: Crushed concrete or tar and chip driveways are typically less expensive than concrete or asphalt pavement, and they can be a good option for many driveways. These crushed materials are less expensive than other pavement materials because they are made from the materials that are left over after pavement removal.
- Asphalt: A lot of people don’t realize how affordable asphalt really is. While installing asphalt seems like a sizable investment upfront, it lasts for many decades and offers a lot of great benefits—including a boost to property value. This can provide property owners with many benefits over time that offset the initial expense of asphalt installation.
Driveway installation on a budget in Nashville, TN
For help installing a driveway on a budget, reach out to the team at RoadBuilders. Since 2011, we’ve been committed to providing customers throughout the Nashville area with quality, comprehensive asphalt paving services including installation, maintenance, sealcoating and repair. No matter your vision for your driveway, our team is here to make sure you receive the highest quality services at the most affordable prices possible. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation and get a quote for your project.
Categorised in: Residential Asphalt Services