The idea that all asphalt driveways will eventually develop potholes is a misguided one. While it’s true that many driveways do have potholes, it’s not a guarantee that they all will. By being proactive and getting a little help from trustworthy paving contractors in Nashville, TN, you can prevent potholes from developing in your driveway. This post will cover the best ways to prevent potholes and cracks from forming:
- Hire the right team for installation: Pothole prevention starts on day one with the team you choose to install your driveway. Always look for an experienced team that will follow all of the proper installation techniques to ensure proper drainage and a smooth and even surface.
- Sealcoat regularly: Sealcoating your driveway is the best way to preserve its appearance, protect against the elements and prevent potholes. We advise having your asphalt sealed every three years or so for best results.
- Remove standing water: Puddles and asphalt don’t mix! Standing water will degrade the pavement over time, leading to cracks and potholes. If you see any puddles, contact your paving company and have them even out your driveway.
- Fill any cracks: Your pavement is going to develop small cracks over time. Those small stress cracks can eventually turn into potholes if you don’t address them soon enough. Asphalt crack filler is available at the local hardware store, and the process only takes a few minutes of your time to complete.
- Address small potholes right away: Potholes will start as small little divots in your pavement, but before you know it, they’re massive holes that risk causing significant damage to your car. You can fill small potholes yourself using supplies from the local hardware store—just be sure to act quickly.
Now is a great time to have your driveway inspected
Getting your driveway inspected by a professional might seem silly at first, but it provides quite a few benefits. Here are a few reasons to contact trustworthy paving contractors in Nashville, TN to check out your driveway:
- Remedy small problems: During the inspection, your professional will identify any flaws that you might overlook and address them right away. Fixing these issues early won’t just prevent potholes—it will also preserve the appearance of your asphalt.
- Save your tires: Potholes are your tires’ worst enemy. They can cause flat tires and even damage the wheels themselves. Hiring a professional to inspect your driveway can help prevent potholes from forming in the first place, sparing your tires from any damage.
- Avoid expensive resurfacing: Resurfacing your entire driveway is an expensive process, and it’s also preventable by scheduling occasional driveway inspections. After the inspection, your contractor can recommend some minor spot repairs that will only cost a fraction of what it would to resurface the whole thing.
Stop waiting around, and call trustworthy paving contractors in Nashville, TN to inspect your driveway for any problems. Contact the team at RoadBuilders to check out your asphalt or to make repairs. Remember, the sooner you act, the better!
Categorised in: Driveway Repair