When it’s time to hire the best paving contractor in Nashville, TN, you’ll need to do a little research. Whether you’re looking to pave a driveway, road, parking lot, sporting court or other project, you need a company that can do a thorough and flawless job.
While researching local companies, make sure you look for these specific qualities, then use the information you’ve found to narrow your choices down:
- Word-of-mouth recommendations: Most people start with word-of-mouth recommendations for most major purchases or projects—it’s easy to get ideas from people whose opinions we trust, and we’re often able to look at the results in person. Poll your network to see who people have worked with, who they would recommend and who to avoid.
- Experience: The next major quality you want in an asphalt paving company is specific experience in the type of paving project you need. Your company should know how to handle the project from start to finish, and have examples of similar projects they’ve completed. Ask to see photos or get addresses so you can inspect the work yourself.
- Licenses and insurance: Next, make sure the contractor you work with is fully licensed and insured. This protects everyone if something goes awry on your property, and their license gives you a way to seek recourse if there’s damage for which they refuse to take responsibility. Having the appropriate license and insurance is the bare minimum for a reputable paving company, so get those on the first phone call and double-check with the appropriate licensing boards.
- Great reviews: Part of your research should include looking at online reviews. As with anything on the internet, approach reviews with a sense of healthy skepticism. If there are one or two bad reviews in a sea of mostly positive, you can rest assured that your paving company is likely a good one to work with. However, if you notice a consistent pattern of bad reviews, that means it’s time to look into your other options.
- Professionalism: Another way to weed the good from the bad is to evaluate how professional the company is in returning your calls, answering your questions and helping you understand the scope of the project. Companies that treat you poorly during the initial interview will probably continue that behavior throughout the project.
- Warranty and guarantees: Finally, ask your paving company what kind of warranty or guarantees they offer. Accidents and mistakes happen, so it’s important to find a company that will either stand behind their work product and correct any issues, or refund your money when necessary.
Choosing the best paving contractor for your project in Nashville, TN takes a little extra time and research, but the results are worth it. When you find a company that’s affordable, reliable and easy to work with, the entire process will be easier, and the results will be more likely to last you for the long term.
For a quote on residential and commercial paving projects, contact the team at RoadBuilders today.
Categorised in: Paving