To understand the benefits of sealcoating, you must first answer a key question: what is sealcoating in Nashville, TN? Here’s the FAQ on this subject, to help you gain a better understanding of how your pavement might benefit from this process.
What is sealcoating in Nashville, TN?
Also referred to as pavement sealing, this is the process by which a technician applies a protective coating to an asphalt-based surface. This added layer of protection helps prevent potential damage caused by oil, water and UV rays.
What are the benefits of sealcoating?
Sealcoating offers numerous benefits that can improve the appearance and longevity of the pavement as well as save money and effort over time:
- Reduces costs: Because sealcoating protects the pavement from damage, it reduces the total repair costs over the lifespan of the surface.
- Removes snow: A sealcoat speeds up the process of ice and snow melt on the surface. This adds convenience and safety, reducing the amount of labor involved to clear the pavement and improving pedestrian conditions.
- Protects: Sealcoating protects the pavement from rain, frost and snow damage, as well as chemical spills, oil and oxidation.
- Enhances appeal: A nice sealcoat finish creates a smooth appearance for your landscape and building.
- Prolongs life: Pavement can be a significant investment. Sealcoating this surface prolongs the life of the pavement, which provides a better return on your investment.
- Improves traction: In addition to protecting the pavement, a sealcoat also creates an anti-slip surface. This improves traction, further improving the safety of the pavement.
When should I sealcoat my pavement?
If you have poured fresh pavement, you should wait six months before you apply sealcoat. This gives the surface time to cure and settle.
Does my surface need sealcoating?
Due to the occasionally harsh weather conditions in Tennessee, it’s best to sealcoat most new asphalt installations, especially driveways and parking lots. The heavy rains, harsh sun rays and freezing temperatures that occur in the four seasons of Tennessee take their toll on paved surfaces. Sealcoating protects against the elements, so your pavement can deliver a longer lifespan. If you’re not sure whether this solution is right for your setting, consult with your local pavers at RoadBuilders to discuss your options.
Who should I hire for sealcoating?
For the best results, partner with professional paving contractors to complete your sealcoating project. Look for experienced experts who have a track record of success. Make sure they have experience with the type of project you would like to complete.
Reap the benefits
Don’t miss out on the many benefits of sealcoating. If you have more questions like “What is sealcoating in Nashville, TN?” or want to take advantage of this service, reach out to the team at RoadBuilders. We bring extensive experience to every project, offering cost-effective solutions for all your paving needs. Whether you want to increase the appeal of your home or retouch a large parking lot, we’ll help you create a surface you can be proud to display. Contact us today for more information.
Categorised in: Sealcoating