Eight Signs You Need Asphalt Repairs
February 4, 2020
Asphalt is a long-lasting and great-looking option for driveways, carports, parking lots and any other surface that needs to be paved. However, there will come a day when the asphalt will need to be repaired in order to avoid long-term damage. This post will teach you some of the signs that it’s time for pavement repair in Nashville, TN:
- Alligator cracks: As the name suggests, alligator cracks are imperfections in the asphalt that resemble an alligator’s skin or a spider web. Though these cracks start small, they grow longer and wider as time goes on. Nip the problem in the bud by calling a pavement specialist for repairs as soon as you notice them.
- Growing cracks: Due to freezing and thawing cycles, any cracks in the pavement will eventually get wider as time passes. If you notice that the cracks are larger than 1/4 inch, it’s time to call our team for asphalt repair in Nashville, TN. We’ll need to replace the pavement if you wait too long, which is quite a bit more expensive than a repair job.
- Warping: If your asphalt appears to be wavy or warped in certain sections, you’ll want to call a pro for repairs right away. Warping often occurs due to a compromised base layer. If the problem is caught early on, we can level out the pavement, but if you wait too long, we’ll need to replace the base layer.
- Crumbing edges: As years go on, the edges of your driveway may begin to crumble away. Though this might not seem like the end of the world, those crumbling sections don’t look so hot! Luckily, removing crumbled pieces and repairing the damaged areas is an easy aspect of pavement repair in Nashville, TN.
- Drainage issues: Excess water should easily run off your asphalt without leaving behind any puddles. If you notice puddles across your parking lot or driveway after a rainstorm, we advise calling our team right away. Leveling out the surface will prevent puddles from forming, which is a leading cause of potholes in the long run.
- Sinkage: If the base layer underneath the asphalt begins to erode, portions of your asphalt may begin to sink. Sinking can be the result of improper installation, which is why it’s vital that you hire our experts to install your new driveway in the first place.
- Fading: The dark, rich color of your asphalt won’t last forever. The sun’s rays, along with rain and other elements, will eventually turn the surface gray. A grey parking lot or driveway doesn’t look too great, and it’s also more susceptible to cracks and other problems. Sealcoating your pavement every few years can deter any fading.
- Staining: Motor oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze and other vehicle fluids are bound to leak onto your asphalt and stain the surface. A properly sealcoated surface can deter the effects of these liquids for a while, but not forever. If your asphalt is stained from years of dripping car fluids, call our team to patch up the ugly spots.
Winter weather only makes cracks worse, so it’s vital that you call RoadBuilders today for asphalt repair in Nashville, TN. Whether you need minor repairs or total asphalt resurfacing, we’re the team for the job.
Categorised in: Asphalt Repair