When it comes time to pave your new driveway, parking lot or road, you may be wondering why you should choose asphalt over any other type of paving surface. There are a number of benefits associated with using asphalt as a paving surface that you should be aware of. Asphalt is a highly versatile paving material that is exceptionally useful in a wide range of applications.
One of the advantages of asphalt in Nashville, TN is that it’s cost-effective and easy to care for, especially when compared with other paving alternatives, like concrete. While paving with gravel may seem cheaper at the outset, the benefits of asphalt in Nashville, TN far outweigh the cost savings associated with gravel, which needs to be maintained at least once each year to continue operating as intended.
In the vast majority of cases, asphalt paving represents a sound investment. Here are just some of the benefits of paving surfaces with asphalt:
- Cost-effective: Compared with most other paving solutions, asphalt is relatively cost-effective. In fact, the initial installation costs of asphalt are fairly low, and because it’s easily recycled, it possesses value even after the surface is repaved. This means that asphalt paving represents a significant long-term investment.
- Environmentally friendly: Asphalt is easily recycled, which means that it requires less raw extraction compared to many other pavement types, including concrete. Additionally, because asphalt is semi-permeable, it promotes better drainage, and is often less impactful on the surrounding environment.
- Safe and smooth: Most roads and runways are paved with asphalt for this very reason. It’s extremely smooth and very safe. While there are other smooth pavement solutions, like concrete, they’re more susceptible to chipping than asphalt. One of the key advantages of asphalt in Nashville, TN is that it offers a very smooth, consistent riding experience.
- Long lasting: With the right installation and care, asphalt surfaces can last for the long term. When constructed and maintained correctly, asphalt surfaces can serve you well for 15 to 20 years. Even after an asphalt surface’s lifespan is up, it can be recycled and turned back into new asphalt. It’s also worth noting that asphalt is relatively quick to install.
- Easy to maintain: There’s very little maintenance necessary with most asphalt surfaces. Owners of asphalt should invest in sealcoating at least once a year, and repair small chips and cracks as necessary. This makes asphalt one of the most low-maintenance surfaces available, especially when compared to materials like concrete and gravel.
Since 2011, RoadBuilders has been a premier provider of asphalt paving in the greater Nashville area. We offer the benefits of asphalt in Nashville, TN to both commercial and residential clients. We’re committed to ensuring that our clients have safe, attractive paved surfaces that serve them well and attract guests and customers. If you’re hoping to learn more about the advantages of asphalt in Nashville, TN, reach out to one of our friendly, highly qualified representatives. We’d be happy to talk to you about the best pavement solution for your home or business.
Categorised in: Asphalt